Mobile is now part of the fabric of daily life. By the end of 2013, there will be more smartphones than people on the planet.
This week’s Infographic is brought to you by the Digital Buzz Blog with a dizzying array of growth stats depicting how media consumption habits have changed thanks to the proliferation of mobile devices. As we were all once upon a time scratching our heads wondering if anyone would ever ‘shop online’, now we’re witnessing the transformation of commerce on the tiny screen – some stats that should have every marketer and retailer on their toes:
- 80% of consumers plan to conduct mobile commerce in the next 12 months
- 41% of people have used a mobile device to browse for a product after seeing it on a show or advertisement
- 68% and 67% research on their smartphones and tablets respectively
- 25% increase from 2012 to 2013 in usage of mobile devices to enhance the shopping experience
- Within 5 years, half of smartphone users will be using mobile wallets as their preferred payment method
Lots of innovations in mobile still to come – hopefully elongating battery life is one of them.
Source: Digital Buzz Blog